One pound of pulverized, certified-organic cocoa beans.
- Cacao powder is made from the roasted beans of the Theobroma cacao tree, which is native to the rainforests of Central and South America. The cocoa butter and natural fats are removed from the bean and the remaining filling is ground into flour.
- Natural cacao powder can be used to make your own chocolate at home with healthier sweeteners and fats, or in baking as a substitute for traditional cocoa powder. Organic cacao powder is packed with fiber, iron, potassium and other vitamins and minerals.
- Peruvian Naturals Cacao powder is certified organic by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Sugar Free
- Three percent of Peruvian Naturals earnings are invested in small farms and agricultural businesses in rural Peru.