L-MethylFolate offers Metafolin®* L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), a very bioavailable shape of folate.
- L-MethylFolate provides Metafolin®* L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), a highly bioavailable form of folate.
- Bioactive folate helps produce and maintain new cells and is needed to make DNA and RNA, the building blocks of cells. Both adults and children need folate to make normal red blood cells and prevent anemia. Folate helps maintain the normal metabolism of homocysteine, a potentially harmful amino acid metabolite.
- L-5-MTHF is easily absorbed and readily usable by cells. It is the predominant folate in circulation and the only folate that can cross the blood-brain barrier. L-5-MTHF is an active, methylated form of folate. It requires no additional metabolic steps to be used by the body, thus it is often the preferred choice for those with absorption or metabolic defects.
- L-MethylFolate efficiently supports methylation, DNA biosynthesis, homocysteine metabolism, and nervous system function.
- This product is free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, and soybeans.Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.